Neck Pillows For Kids
The best neck pillows for kids combines a comfortable shape in a size suited to a child’s anatomy, safe materials, and child-friendly design. In addition to shape, size, and material, when choosing a neck pillow for traveling an important thing to consider is the type of support it offers. Your choice will largely depend on your child’s age and the type of journey you have planned whether by car, plane, or train. A neck pillow for travel purposes should be similar to an adult travel pillow with a ring design that wraps around the child’s neck to provide support for the head when asleep. This design is the best for providing comfort and to prevent potential neck strain. The most important thing to look for is the correct size for your child’s body size. If the size is wrong for the age and size of the child it can push the head forward and cause discomfort and strain.
When choosing a travel pillow for a child, pay particular attention to the type of material and the seams. Some neck pillows are made of materials that are hard to the touch and rough seams that can irritate or even scratch the delicate skin around the neck and under the chin. Ensure that the materials used are breathable to prevent overheating and build-up of moisture between the pillow and the skin.
The Best Materials for Kids Neck Pillows
- The most popular materials for kid’s neck pillows are microbeads for very young children and memory foam for older kids. The most important things to consider are:
As the neck pillow will come into contact with the face and neck of the child as well as the side of the mouth it should have a removable, machine washable cover to ensure that it can be kept clean and hygienic.
- Natural materials like cotton and linen for external covers are best but the most important thing is to ensure that it is soft with no hard seams.
- Ensure that the materials are hypoallergenic, lightweight, breathable, and suitable for use on a child’s skin. Some materials are naturally anti-microbial and resistant to allergens.
- Ensure that the materials used are non-toxic according to current regulatory standards.
- If the filling is made of microbeads ensure that the pillow has an internal lining to prevent spillage of the beads in case of a tear.
Check that the pillow is flexible and lightweight enough for a small child to handle.
- If the pillow is for a toddler, ensure that you choose a specific toddler size rather than a generic size for all children.
Quality neck pillows for kids are ergonomically designed to hold a child’s head upright and to support the neck from all angles. Some pillows have chin support to keep the chin at a comfortable position during sleep.
The best neck for young kids on long trips are safe, soft, compact, easy to carry, cute and cuddly. As an added bonus they can also double as a seat pillow for comfort when not used for sleeping. Microbead fillings provide a soft and comfortable fit for smaller kids. Kids relate to cute characters and they will love a neck pillow that is colorful and meaningful to them